Blackhawk is an unincorporated master planned community and census-designated place located in Contra Costa County, California, United States, east of Danville and Oakland. As of the 2010 census, it had a population of 9,354. Governed by county rules/regulations and a homeowner association (HOA), Blackhawk has a country club, two golf courses, sports complex, restaurants, and the adjacent Blackhawk Plaza. 24-hour security plus additional law enforcement contracted through the Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office is provided by HOA dues. The area is covered by the San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District. The ZIP code is 94506. The community is inside area code 925. Blackhawk is known for its lavish lifestyle and ritzy opulence, with the median household income being $167,875 and median home price of $1,117,500.
Blackhawk is divided into seven individual gated communities scattered along Blackhawk Road, connected by a 3-mile (4.8 km) long jogging trail.
- Hidden Oaks consists of 206 homes and in 1978 was the first Blackhawk community to be completed. Most homes are on half-acre lots.
- Oakridge consists of medium-sized homes ranging from 2000 to 3,000 square feet (280 m2), though a few large estates reside on the top of a private court.
- Saddleback, the second community completed, is home to some of the most lavish homes in the entire Blackhawk development, most lots being no less than 5 acres (20,000 m2) in size.
- Silveroak is an upscale condo complex.
- Silver Maple is designed around one of the main Blackhawk Country Clubs’s golf holes, though no roads connect it to the rest of the main Blackhawk Country Club. It consists of approximately 110 custom homes between 2500-5000 Square Feet.
- Blackhawk Country Club (“Main Gates”) is the largest of the six communities.
In addition to Blackhawk, there are also numerous surrounding communities, including Alamo Creek and Monterosso.
Blackhawk Plaza is the East Bay’s premier shopping and dining destination featuring an aquatic landscaped interior courtyard with terraced shopping and dining establishments. Blackhawk is also home to the world-renowned Blackhawk Museum, a Smithsonian affiliate; and is home to many fine restaurants.
The median home value in 94506 is $1,378,024. 94506 home values have gone up 6.8% over the past year. The median list price per square foot in 94506 is $476, lower than the Danville average of $516. The median price of homes currently listed in 94506 is $1,479,000 while the median price of homes that sold is $1,350,400.
Asking Price $1,775,000
816 Redwood Drive, Danville, CA Absolutely Stunning Blackhawk home! Looking for perfection? Step into this absolutely stunning Blackhawk estate to experience a truly fresh...
- Sq Ft3205
- Lot Size0.24 Acres
Asking Price $1,749,000
676 Blue Spruce Dr., Danville Magnificent Blackhawk estate with stunning panoramic golf course & Mt. Diablo views! Spectacular redesigned & remodeled gourmet kitchen with...
- Sq Ft4158
- Lot Size0.151 Acres
Asking Price $1,648,000
729 Liquidamber Place, Blackhawk, CA Showing Property by Appointment Only Spectacular Blackhawk Estate with Resort Back Yard and Stunning Golf Course VIEWS! Prepare to...
- Sq Ft3584
- Lot Size0.22 Acres
Asking Price $1,525,000
155 Birchbark Place, Danville, CA Location, Location! Enjoy the good life in the spectacular Matadera neighborhood! – Absolutely stunning VIEWS from this elegant Blackhawk...
- Sq Ft3118
- Lot Size0.12 Acres